Here you won't find the pages of a pedantic journal, praises to fantastic places or accounts of memorable encounters. This is a collection of stories, thoughts, images, and most of all odd stuff, even though to someone else it might actually look ordinary. To discern its bizarre side, in fact, special filters are needed: cynicism, fussiness, stubbornness, isolation, impudence, nosiness and nerdiness. All flaws that, in different measure, this semi-nomadic being has got embedded in his genes.
Monday, December 27, 2010
Photo "Thinking?" by galo/* (CC)
- Being content with one's common life is still better than putting up with it.
- When you are in an alien place you shouldn't turn yourself into a problem: you never know how people could decide to solve you.
- Sometimes it feels like you're left with the fishbone of your heart.
- You are in Asia, sitting at some restaurant, looking at the local customers who are interacting with the waiter: there's something elusive, a cultural nuance, a linguistic detail, a custom difference. You think about it and all of a sudden you realize what it is: since you can remember you have always asked for your food, you've never really ordered it.
- I've often been saved by my ability to fill voids with enthusiasm.